#header-inner img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; }

Bryce's Story

My son Bryce is 8 years old and has a diagnosis of Autism. He is also extremely orally defensive. I have spent the last several years trying to find feeding therapists in Arizona who worked well with his issues, but to no avail. I finally resorted to flying to Denver, Colorado every other week for feeding therapy with Toomey and Associates. We did this for two years, including practically moving to Denver over the summer of 2008. Bryce came a long way with the Toomey group. He went from not being able to tolerate food in front of him or touching it, to being able to put small pieces of food directly on his back teeth and then chewing and swallowing the food.

I am happy to say that now I do not have to travel to Denver, Colorado anymore, as I have finally found my feeding therapy “team” right here in Arizona! Jenn Buck has been absolutely phenomenal with Bryce and his therapy. She has specifically focused on oral motor skills and jaw strengthening. Thanks to her help, Bryce is now actually biting off foods, chewing them and swallowing them! This was accomplished within about a month of seeing her! He has gained confidence and the desire to eat as much as he can tolerate. He can now eat half of an order of small McDonald’s french fries! Not the healthiest we know, but hey we will take what we can get!

We still have a long way to go, but I am just so happy with the progress he is making, and I do not believe we would have advanced to this level so quickly without Jenn’s help. We are truly glad we found Jenn and Jabbermouths.

-Dawn and Nick L.